Issues Viewing the Site 7/17/24

Author: whiteflame

Total: 15
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
As many of you have become aware, there is apparently an issue connecting with the site, particularly from mobile devices. I know not everyone is having this problem, but it does seem like it is affecting quite a few people, myself included. I'm able to bring up the site on my home and work computer, but not on my phone. Hopefully the problem will not persist, but I'm doing what I can to investigate it (no, I do not have access to the site's code and cannot do anything personally) and see what we can do about it (yes, I've reached out to Mike).
WyIted
WyIted
If the site goes down you can find each other on here

ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
Does this work
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
I almost wanted to kill myself because I couldnt connect and I thought the site is gone for good and that I lost everything I built.
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
I am coming guys
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
I couldn't get on with any device. After trying on and off all day yesterday and this morning I was just beginning to believe I had been shadow banned like I believe a few here have been.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
https://youtu.be/f3wKVEr0f9c?si=Ht8I52Bz2fufM2IZ
whiteflame
whiteflame
Not sure how long we have the site for, but it seems we're back online.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
the DNS lookup didn't even find a pingable server during these outages, it was almost certainly an issue with the hosting service rather than the site code. Any perception that it was more available on PC rather than mobile was likely a coincidence.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
It was 100% not available for me, either on mobile or PC, these last two days.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@whiteflame
@WyIted
If the site goes down you can find each other on here

I dropped out of discord dart sever many months back, so I clicked on the Wylteds invite above with Firefox, and Discord got me stuck in ' error message with address ' and ' verify email ' loop, that I can not get out of, and could not use my usual Firefox bookmark avenue to get into Discord either.

so I contacted discords help form, the bot replied to my email address I use ---that is my user name also--  and it states try a differrent browser, that, I was going to do anyway, and so posted my firefox bookmark in chrome URL box, and had to write in my password, and that worked to me back into discord, Thank God for that.

Just tried firefox again, and still stuck in verify email address loop. Maybe by tommorrow it will work. If not the next step bot recommends is creating a new password, tho I dunno if that will work either, unless I follow the bot in my yahoo mail to a discord site to create the new password.

Maybe easiest to just not use Firefox anymore to go to discord.  That would make life more difficult in going back n forth between forums etc. unless I start using chrome, and that means lots of old passwords not used any more saved in chrome as well as many new bookmarks Chrome doesnt have.

SO word of warning dont use the invite link if you have  registered account already in Discord.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@ebuc
Yeah, I think it's generally understood around here that clicking on any link shared by Wylted is a bad idea. I'd maybe risk what looked like a news article, but that's it.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Swagnarok
Yeah, I think it's generally understood around here that clicking on any link shared by Wylted is a bad idea. I'd maybe risk what looked like a news article, but that's it.

Wylted is not the issue, sorry if I was not clear on this. Discord is the issue and it has been issue with discord for over a year or more.

Hopefully after day or so, Firefox browser will resolve itself with the Discord issue.  So Im in here at DArt using Firefox, it is just Discord has me looped out with the verify email address loop issue.

This is one of the links to Discord advice to fix various issues and in this case specifically
https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043677651--Email-is-Already-Registered-Errors

" email address Already Registered..." The system only allows for one email address to be tied to an account, this means you cannot have multiple Discord accounts that are associated with one email address.

If you try to register an email address with an account and you receive the error message, “Email is Already Registered”, this means there’s another Discord account with this email address already. In that case, please try logging into the account instead of trying to register a new one! "...

So I got the help link to send me a bot email with various options, and I got into my DIscord account via Chrome.  If Firefox itself does not resolve issue, then I will use bot reply email to contact real person to resolve this trapped loop issue and let me get back in with Firefox pathway Ive been using for years there to my registered account. 
FLRW
FLRW

I tried the Vulcan Mind Meld but it didn't work either.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
I advise everyone to archive any of their content they might wish to look back on in years to come.

The best tool for such is: https://web.archive.org/save