I started researching Aleister Crowley!

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 16
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
Now, I have to say, google AI doesnt seem to be helping.

It just says "his book says "Do what you really want"", and I am sure there is much more in that book, so I kept asking AI, and it finally said that it teaches not to impose your will on others, but only on yourself, and to liberate yourself from limits imposed by society and others onto you.

Apparently, the book was revealed to him by the entity named Aiwass, which is a cool name for an entity, and its motto was "Do what you want".
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
"The Book of the Law: A Complex Text
The Book of the Law, or Liber AL vel Legis, is a complex and often misinterpreted text. Its central principle is encapsulated in the phrase:
  • Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
However, this principle is far from simple. It doesn't mean one can do anything without consequence. Instead, it's about discovering and fulfilling one's true will, which is often seen as a divine purpose.
Key Principles
While the text is open to interpretation, here are some core principles often derived from it:
  • Individualism and Freedom: The book emphasizes personal sovereignty and the right to pursue one's desires without harming others.
  • Divinity of the Self: Each individual is seen as a potential manifestation of the divine.
  • Magic and Ritual: The book encourages the use of magic as a tool for personal transformation and spiritual growth.
  • The New Aeon: It proclaims the dawn of a new era, the Aeon of Horus, characterized by individualism, freedom, and creativity.
  • Balance and Harmony: While emphasizing individualism, the text also suggests a balance between personal will and the greater order of the universe.
Important Considerations
  • Interpretation: The Book of the Law is highly symbolic and open to multiple interpretations.
  • Context: The text was written in a specific historical and cultural context, which influences its meaning.
  • Ethical Implications: While emphasizing individual freedom, the text also implies a responsibility to use that freedom wisely.
It's crucial to approach the Book of the Law with an open mind and a willingness to explore different interpretations.
Would you like to delve deeper into a specific aspect of the book?"
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
I think it was Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) that bough his house. He was well into Crowley by all accounts.

Here you go
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@Stephen
Did he mention finding anything weird there after buying. You would expect Crowley to have some weird shit in his house
WyIted
WyIted
Crowley actually faught the Nazis with black Magick apparently. Which also kinda confirms that Hitler was the good guy
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
Crowley actually faught the Nazis with black Magick apparently. Which also kinda confirms that Hitler was the good guy
It also kinda confirms that black Magick works.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@WyIted
Did he mention finding anything weird there after buying. You would expect Crowley to have some weird shit in his house

Not that I know of. But Zeppelin's Drummer John Bonham died there; Pulmonary edema  (fluid on the lungs) 1980 aged just 32.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
@Best.Korea
Al was one of those, who would appeal to certain people.

A bit like Adolph...But not the same.

A bit like Led Zeppelin were one of those bands that appealed to certain people.

Which I suppose, all boils down to data acquisition and management.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Which I suppose, all boils down to data acquisition and management.

And how you manage it indeed.  

Good morning Vic. Hope you are all well. Lovely here. Will be spending the day working on my bonsai trees. its lovely therapy that makes the world go away. 

Have a nice day my mate. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Bonsai.

I do like Bonsai.

How many specimens do you have?

This week, Mrs Zed and myself will be mostly dog sitting near Evesham.

Though I will be heading up into the Cotswolds on my bike on Wednesday.

Regards to you and yours.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4

I do like Bonsai.

How many specimens do you have?
Quite a few. Mainly British. Elm, Oak, Beech, Sycamore, Hornbeam, Juniper, Yew ect. And few Japanese Maple species.  

This week, Mrs Zed and myself will be mostly dog sitting near Evesham.
25 min away. Drop in Vic. You are more than welcome.  

Have a nice day both. 

41 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@WyIted
Trump said Hitler ‘did some good things,’ former chief of staff says.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Shila
An obvious lie LOL, but it is obviously true. He used to brush his teeth. Brushing your teeth is a good thing right?
Shila
Shila
-->
@WyIted

An obvious lie LOL, but it is obviously true. He used to brush his teeth. Brushing your teeth is a good thing right?

He said, ‘Well, but Hitler did some good things.’ I said, ‘Well, what?’ And he said, ‘Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Shila
He said, ‘Well, but Hitler did some good things.’ I said, ‘Well, what?’ And he said, ‘Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy.
So is having a good economy good or is it bad?

here is something else Hitler did that was good. He helped nurse a baby bird that was injured back to health one summer
Shila
Shila
So is having a good economy good or is it bad?

here is something else Hitler did that was good. He helped nurse a baby bird that was injured back to health one summer

But what did he do with that rebuilt economy? He turned it against his own people and against the world.