Clash of Clans Endgame

Author: Lunatic

Total: 36
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
1st place: Town (Pie, savant, mharman, DD, Barney, Wylted)
2nd place: Mafia (Casey_Risk, Whiteflame)
Last place: Third party (420)

Comments: 

Not a whole lot to say here that isn't already known. Town had a lot of confirmation, but the intent was to throw that yakuza in to mix with that confirmation. Unfortunately due to town forming a very strong town block and trusting a hard read on casey, they weren't able to use the yakuza on np2 which very potentially could have helped them win the game. Props to pie for catching the scum slip on whiteflame's character claim early, props to mafia for putting in a valiant effort, you guys got very bad luck this time around, but I think under different circumstances you would have won this. This is probably the first time I have ever seen a yakuza not used on night phase 1. I was very surprised you guys didn't use the silencer for a mislynch np2. It wouldn't have mattered anyway with the night kill thing happening the way it did, but regardless, good effort from both members of the scum team.

Props to wylted and DD for forming that solid town block dp2, mharman played well too, he was just very conservative (which is a good thing). I know the game ended pretty quick but I hope people had some semblance of fun anyways. GG's all.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
That was definitely a nice recovery from DP1. Also savant calm the fuck down LOL
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
🤡🤡🤡
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
That was definitely a nice recovery from DP1. Also savant calm the fuck down LOL
I’m happy I challenged him. He lied about his character being a resource and motivator being an affiliation confirmed role. Easiest mislynch of scum’s lives
WyIted
WyIted
I hope savant learned his lesson about not stepping back from his read and tunneling. We were recedntly in a game where i had a hard scum read on austin, stepped away from the read and considered my options, and nothing bad happened, austin was still lynched. Take the blinders off mate
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
I could see mislynching him if he stayed alive. I would like to think I wouldn't have because of my town read of him late into dp1, but who knows
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
I could see mislynching him if he stayed alive. I would like to think I wouldn't have because of my town read of him late into dp1, but who knows
Would’ve been a distraction at the very least. Him out helped you focus on Casey, which was clutch
whiteflame
whiteflame
Yeah, a lot of things went wrong, so I'll give some insight into what happened.

We decided not to use the Yakuza on NP1 mainly because we didn't think there was much chance Casey would be the next lynch. Both of us largely assumed that I would be, and then the idea was to have Casey commit die to throw everyone for a loop going into DP3 with their death and flip. Part of that also stemmed from WyIted being the only other full claim on the board and him being the obvious target for the Yakuza, which we figured would have been sussed out quickly. In retrospect, our best choice was probably to just convert DD with it.

As for what I did... yeah, I don't know Clash of Clans and functioning from Wiki pages wasn't good enough to craft a claim. Luna did tell us there wasn't a Cop, but I had trouble locating a good character to go with the role, so I did my best with what I could find. Wasn't good enough, but I was surprised I held off the lynch for as long as I did. I chalk that up to the infighting that was going on in town, particularly between Pie and Savant. We lucked out in DP1 (I honestly would've felt bad winning off of a modkill), but everything after that just went sideways.

Props to the rest of town for making this work. I thought it was a good setup, Luna, just feel bad that we executed it poorly.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
You guys played well, had some good thought processes going on in the PM. DP2 was just really surprising, and I don't think anyone could have expected it to go that way. I thought casey was a town lock for most people, at the very least, I expected him to survive off a VTNL to use the yakuza. Town really overcame adversity in dp2. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
DP2 was just really surprising, and I don't think anyone could have expected it to go that way. I thought casey was a town lock for most people, at the very least, I expected him to survive off a VTNL to use the yakuza. Town really overcame adversity in dp2. 
Yep, totally agreed. Like I said on Discord, though, I've been lulled into a false sense of security this way before when people just decided to overlook a certain player and I thought they were safe (usually that's me) only to jump on them next DP, so I probably should've known something was up when the amount of sus going Casey's way in DP1 was so light. One of those things I've learned from experience but have yet to fully adapt to in execution.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Idk if Pie was scumreading Savant bc of the tunneling, but it was more of a town tell than a scum tell

Thinking Pie scum slipped was pretty bad of me
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
Idk if Pie was scumreading Savant bc of the tunneling, but it was more of a town tell than a scum tell
I thought he was TP Lyncher.

Thinking Pie scum slipped was pretty bad of me
Very bad lol
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
Yeah and somehow I managed to convince myself Whiteflame was a bomb, because it satisfied my gut read on you which was completely wrong…
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
Yeah and somehow I managed to convince myself Whiteflame was a bomb, because it satisfied my gut read on you which was completely wrong…
I thought you were the bomb lol, which is why I still townread you
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
I softclaimed bomb a bit thinking if Whiteflame was one he’d have no problem with it, bc I’d be keeping myself safe and potentially baiting mafia into killing him

I think my manipulation idea was good, it’s just that the reads necessary to make it the correct play didn’t line up

I really just thought Whiteflame’s claim was so bad that scum Whiteflame would come up with something better
Mharman
Mharman
On a positive note, Whiteflame and Casey were pretty easy reads for me even without Wylted taking over DP2… more so Whiteflame imo

And I’m glad Disc and I were on the same wavelength to save Wylted

And yes I did hide the 1x double vote gift when full claiming in case something went wrong

So all in all I don’t think I suck I just overcomplicated things for myself to satisfy an inaccurate gut read. There’s a place for listening to one’s gut, but here I should’ve trusted my mind more 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I hope we all learned a valuable lesson today. Always lynch the cop DP 1.

Anyway, I returned to DART with two goals... win a game of mafia and call SupaDudz a nerd. Now that my goals have been fulfilled the time of my return is at an end.

Peace out.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
See you in several months or so lol
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
gg all!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Take it easy brotha
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I hope we all learned a valuable lesson today. Always lynch the cop DP 1.

Anyway, I returned to DART with two goals... win a game of mafia and call SupaDudz a nerd. Now that my goals have been fulfilled the time of my return is at an end.

Peace out.
I am not far behind you, though I am more likely just to scale back and lean heavy on learning youtube to attract people here. I hope somebody left leaning does so as well so we don't accidentally turn this into a hive mind. I guess I could attempt to make more neutral sounding videos. I also need to see if we can get mike on board to start a red bubble shirt site, but we may have to submit designs to him. Ideally also puts a discalimer on the site, saying he owns our words and putting together some pro con books on popular topics like abortion, by stealing our content and retroactively claiming he owns the copy right
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Wow, that was a wild game! Going into DP2, Whiteflame and I felt pretty good about our odds. Our plan was for me to use the Yakuza and spread delicious chaos. What we did not expect was for the town to latch on to me so tightly and then actually vote me out. WF and I both felt pretty sure we could get at least one person to VTNL, but it didn't end up working that way.

After that, Whiteflame had the idea of using the Silencer on Barney to get the town to lynch him, but then we realized that the risk of the town realizing that he had been silenced was too high, so instead the plan was for WF to pretend to have been silenced by Barney. Unfortunately, the NK failed and everything fell apart. Oh, well. GG!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
For future reference, you always use Yakuza NP1. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Lunatic
If you recruit mafia, you will not be told, however mafia will receive a hidden benefit each time a member of the scum team is recruited.
What was that hidden benefit btw?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
@Casey_Risk
So you did have a rolesteal. I was asking Lunatic about it sometime after I saw there was multiple roleblocks. Had a hypothesis that somehow you had gotten Savant’s motivator and got multiple roleblocks that way. I’ll admit the logic wasn’t exactly airtight (and obviously incorrect now that we see the role PMs) but…

…the fact remains, I’m shocked you didn’t use it. You probably knew from my refusal to claim in DP1 that I had a strong PR; I don’t know what things looks like from your perspective but I’m thinking you should’ve killed me for my abilties. You never know what you can get, and anything that has to do with vote manipulation is OP in the hands of scum. Trust me on that. In fact, trust Whiteflame in that.

Combine that with a Yakuza and you would’ve been unstoppable I think.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
What was that hidden benefit btw?
A roleblock
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Mharman
So you did have a rolesteal. I was asking Lunatic about it sometime after I saw there was multiple roleblocks. Had a hypothesis that somehow you had gotten Savant’s motivator and got multiple roleblocks that way. I’ll admit the logic wasn’t exactly airtight (and obviously incorrect now that we see the role PMs) but…

…the fact remains, I’m shocked you didn’t use it.
I stand by the decision to use my multi-RB during NP1, since at that point we had exactly three unknown roles to contend with. I think that was the right decision. Going into NP2, we had a choice between using it on you, DD, WyIted or Barney, and, frankly, all of those roles would have been useless to us. Felt wrong to waste it, but using it wouldn't have helped us.

You probably knew from my refusal to claim in DP1 that I had a strong PR, I don’t know what things looks like from your perspective but I’m thinking you should’ve killed me for my abilties.
I was strongly considering killing you or DD NP1, and I think either of you would have been a better choice in retrospect, so yeah, that was part of the discussion. 

You never when you can get, and anything that has to do with vote manipulation is OP in the hands of scum. Trust me on that. In fact, trust Whiteflame in that.

Combine that with a Yakuza and you would’ve been unstoppable I think.
Yeah, we had opportunities that we just failed to capitalize on due to a combination of poor choices and a solid town bloc that we weren't expecting. I was saying to Casey that I probably just should've drawn attention back to me in DP2 to ensure that I got lynched instead of her, which at least would have given us a chance. If we had executed the NK in NP2, I think there was a path to win, but it would've been a narrow one.

Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
🤡🤡🤡
Ok, I deserve that.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@WyIted
Keep your personality in place. It's why anyone would watch.