Saving one child over another.

Author: Mall

Total: 19
Mall
Debates: 375
Mall
A parent saving one child over another.

A father that will save his daughter but not his son let's say in a house fire.

Shouldn't be anything wrong with that.

If the parent can only save one, then save one child.

The person can opt or choose to save one. Don't even try to save both when you can't.

There's nothing wrong with this.

I think many of you on here will agree.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
Don't even try to save both

There's nothing wrong with this.

I think many of you on here will agree.
Disagree 

I would die and let that one kid go parentless before I gave up on the other one. 

However I am not going to judge anyone who has been in that situation and chose differently.  I wil.just give them the benefit of the doubt that they did the right thing
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
Assuming both are the same age, I would choose the son because women live more painful lives than men and I want my hypothetical kids to be happy.
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
If the parent can only save one, then save one child.
Its never that simple, since you almost never know with certainty that you cant save someone.
WyIted
WyIted
Conservative women are happier than liberal women. Just teach her good values and she will outlive the boy by 5-10 years and be plenty happy
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
A lot to be said for two parent families then?

Though I also hypothesise.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@WyIted
Conservative women are happier than liberal women. Just teach her good values and she will outlive the boy by 5-10 years and be plenty happy
Not always.  Michelle Obama is happier than Melania Trump.

I believe in this thing called free speech.  I would let my hypothetical daughter have whatever values she wants if they don't harm others significantly, even if it means they want to transition or become communist or Pro Palestine (until the current thing switches).  She also could become libertarian or pro Israel if she so chooses.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
I believe in this thing called free speech.
Good

I would let my hypothetical daughter have whatever values she wants
Disgusting

if they don't harm others significantly,

As long as she is only hurting herself. Let her get drug addicted, become a whore, start listening to nickleback. 

Bro, you would let your daughter destroy herself because you love your ideology more than you love your own flesh and blood. 

even if it means they want to transition
High suicide rates post transition, high chance of mental illness, and high chance of not being able to enter God's kingdom. 

Maybe you should give a shit about your daughters mental health even if you could care less about her soul.

or become communist
WTF?

or Pro Palestine (until the current thing switches).
Enjoy the blue hair and her crying as you carve the turkey. Enjoy when she brings Tyrone home and he smokes Crack in your driveway

She also could become libertarian
Women usually only become rugged individualistic when raised by alpha males, so this is unlikely to occur

or pro Israel if she so chooses
WTF dude. This is more disgusting than when you said you were okay with your daughter doing a procedure that is known to increase her chances of suicide and send her down a road of tons of mental health challenges even if she manages to not kill herself
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
What you stated affirms pro-choice.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Don't try to straddle the fence with this. I don't believe you do when it comes to any other pro-choice situation.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Nothing wrong with a parent choosing to save one child over another. Society at large and the governments have legalized this.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog

I would let my hypothetical daughter have whatever values she wants
Disgusting
It's what I have to do if free speech is a thing.  Counter her speech with my own, but if she turns out communist; eh; she turns out communist.  I wouldn't like it if my Dad forced me to be a liberal.

As long as she is only hurting herself. Let her get drug addicted, become a whore, start listening to nickleback. 
I should have added a caveout: Or unless she's too young.  I would tell her the dangers of drug addiction, but if she wants to smoke and she's old enough, I would require any bf that dates her to get a vasectomy before there is sex, I don't care if she listens to Nickleback; I listen to them.

Bro, you would let your daughter destroy herself because you love your ideology more than you love your own flesh and blood. 
And that's why I don't want to have any kids.

High suicide rates post transition, high chance of mental illness, and high chance of not being able to enter God's kingdom. 
Probably low chance of all of that (except for God's kingdom; I don't think there is a god that cares if he gets worshipped or not).

Enjoy the blue hair and her crying as you carve the turkey. Enjoy when she brings Tyrone home and he smokes Crack in your driveway
She's too young for that.  But I wouldn't mind her dating a black dude; I wouldn't mind dating a black woman.

She also could become libertarian
Women usually only become rugged individualistic when raised by alpha males, so this is unlikely to occur
I've met libertarian whores before.  To you, "alpha" is synonymous with, "right wing partisan hack" (which seems kindof beta; I mean imagine following everything Ben Shapiro or Kyle Kulinski say without thinking for yourself).

or pro Israel if she so chooses
WTF dude. This is more disgusting than when you said you were okay with your daughter doing a procedure that is known to increase her chances of suicide and send her down a road of tons of mental health challenges even if she manages to not kill herself
You got mad when I said I would let my daughter be pro Palestine and you got mad when I said I would let my daughter be pro Israel.  Like, make up your mind.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
Not on abortion, because you are harming someone else significantly by getting an abortion.  Any dude that dates my daughter, I would make get a vasectomy and store pre vasectomy sperm in a hospital freezer before they had sex.

Theocracy sucks!
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
You not going to make anybody do anything maybe except those your responsible for.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
Then he can't date my daughter.  I don't want my daughter having an abortion.
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
Is the daughter a grown woman or minor?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
Teenager.
Mall
Mall
-->
@TheUnderdog
Ok well that's different, a teenager falls under the category of minor.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Mall
A 16 year old female dating a 16 or 17 year old male isn't pedophilia.