Capitalism - World of Trash

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 9
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
"Every year we dump a massive 2.12 billion tons of waste. If all this waste was put on trucks they would go around the world 24 times. This stunning amount of waste is partly because 99 percent of the stuff we buy is trashed within 6 months."

"Less than 20% of trash is recycled"

Everyone knows I love Capitalism, but Capitalism just as any other system only works if people are actually smart.

These people are not smart. Give them freedom, they just abuse it.

They throw trash everywhere, they polluted all rivers, air and nature.

So yeah, if anyone thinks this is how things are supposed to be, then we might be in a problem, but 99% of people think producing trash is good.

So if your ideal world is the one filled with trash, then I dont know what to tell you. We might be dealing with severe stupidity here.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Best.Korea
if corporations were really concerned about "destroying the planet"

we'd immediate go back to using glass and aluminum containers for everything

we'd ban all private air-travel

ban cruise ships

and basically all obviously non-essential goods and travel
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
-->
@3RU7AL
we'd immediate go back to using glass and aluminum containers for everything
They race to decrease costs, and cheaper materials are often more harmful for humans and environment.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Trash is a fabrication of the environment, that becomes a part of the environment.

Trash and harm and waste and pollution are just fabricated data output.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Pollution is that which is has not yet been put in its proper place.

An improper society accumulates pollution.

Prolific Society + prolific  pollution = ? ? ? 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Pollution is a thinking persons concept.

Extracting and converting base matter and  thereby producing bi-products, either is or isn't a necessary process.

Nonetheless it's what thinking person is seemingly compelled to do.

Therefore, prolific persons = prolific bi-products.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Pollution is a thinking persons concept.
Welcome to Earth an its citixens.

Extracting and converting base matter and  thereby producing bi-products, either is or isn't a necessary process.

See below

Nonetheless it's what thinking person is seemingly compelled to do.
And until they do put in its proper safe place recycled,  or awaiting recycling, the correct lablel is pollution.

Therefore, prolific persons = prolific bi-products.

See above and learn specifitic distinct labeling of all products and by-porducts on Earth Zed. Leave Gumby at home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Its pollution until in it proper place, and that includes bey recycled

Pollution is that which is has not yet been put in its proper place.

An improper society accumulates pollution.

Prolific Society { 8 billion plus }  + prolific  pollution { tonnage ? } = Earth industrial, commericial and  miliatary complex gone amuck with not enough fore thought into integration of th ever growing by-product waste/pollution, that, is responsible for so many ill-effects to humans, other life, and ecological environment that sustains us all..

You and I are not on the same page Zed.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Don't get me wrong.

I both understand and appreciate the concept and effects of "pollution".

As a debater, I was simply putting forward a perfectly logical and alternative suggestion, that in terms of material evolution, the manipulation of matter and consequent biproducts, is as natural a process as the formation of coal or crude oil for example.

Keeping the place looking nice and tidy by hiding stuff out of sight and mind is just an extension of the thinking process, but not necessarily necessary in terms of achieving evolutionary goals...Of course, that's assuming that evolutionary goals are necessary and have a greater meaning and purpose.

Modern humans are surrounded by the products of material manipulation...Necessary and unpolluting in their functionality, yet polluting in their constructional biproducts and also in their breakdown and loss of usefulness...Double standards perhaps.

If we want to read the page Ebuc, we have to accept the consequences of the page...Otherwise it's back to a short life hunter gathering and sleeping in trees.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
If we want to read the page Ebuc, we have to accept the consequences of the page...Otherwise it's back to a short life hunter gathering and sleeping in trees.

I recall their are those who have invented packaging that is designed to degrade back into nature, ergo, open package, eat/drink food, then through it on ground is the proper thing to do with it.

Same with people who using fungus molds to make shoes or other apparrel, that, in long run is in tune with going back to nature, yet not a pollution. I think Ive posted links these technologies are a year or so back.