War Is Obsolete Bucky Fuller { 1969 }

Author: ebuc

Total: 10
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc

Apparrently some did not think much of what Fuller { 1895-1982 } stated in his 1969 book { Utopia or Oblivion } of various speaking engagements he gave

... "However, considering the fact that the aggressor country possesses nuclear weapons and has been threatening to use them from the onset of the conflict, the casualty count could be many times greater if the war truly were to spiral out of control. As a consequence, Kyiv's allies have chosen to tread lightly, trying to protect Ukraine on the one hand while preventing nuclear escalation on the other. One of Moscow’s main instruments of deterrence is the use of so-called “red lines” — verbal statements purportedly indicating which Western actions decision-makers in the Kremlin deem to be intolerable.....

....Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs Radoslaw Sikorski recently said that the Kremlin had received a signal: if Russia were to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine or to attack a NATO country using conventional means, all Russian military infrastructure would be destroyed using conventional (that is, non-nuclear) means. American war games conducted in the years before Russia’s full-scale invasion suggest that such a Western response to Russian nuclear use has been well thought through. ....

....By using conventional weapons to respond to a nuclear attack, NATO would be able to demonstrate its resolve while retaining the potential to escalate further in the event that the Russian side launched a second nuclear strike. Such a nuanced approach makes NATO’s threatened response much more credible, as it is entirely plausible that the West is prepared to strike Russian military infrastructure with conventional weapons, counting on the Kremlin not daring to respond with an all-out nuclear attack lest it result in a retaliatory nuclear strike on Russia.....

Many years ago my 7th grade science teacher said the next great war or WW 3 would begin in the middle east.

Soviet Union { defunct } >
...North Korea { thorny }  >
.....Russia { Putin } > 
.......Iran { don't tread on me } >
...........Pakistan { peculating } >
.............India { peculating } >
...............China { polar bear }  >
....................Europe/USA { NATO prepared }

Fuller was optimistic and pragmatic in regards to future of humanity.  I.e. he states that, there no Universe/God given guarantees that  creatures with access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego can not do behave stupid --non-cooperative---  enough to annihilate them selves off a rare planet full of life.

I dont see humans practicing what thy preach via the the old saying ' get real '.
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
Many years ago my 7th grade science teacher said the next great war or WW 3 would begin in the middle east.
It started in Ukraine. Besides, there are always wars in the middle east.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
....By using conventional weapons to respond to a nuclear attack, NATO would be able to demonstrate its resolve while retaining the potential to escalate
there is absolutely no way in hell that russia is just going to stand by and absorb a "full-scale conventional attack" by anyone

nukes will fly
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
-->
@3RU7AL
there is absolutely no way in hell that russia is just going to stand by and absorb a "full-scale conventional attack" by anyone

"We will destroy Russia, but Russia wont use nukes because it will get destroyed if it does."

Yeah, lets see how that logic works out.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
The dymaxion car did not work because he us a fraud. The o ly invention that works is the geodesic dome and that is only because he stole the ideal. 

The editor of his books said the shit was not even written in English because of the pseudo intellectual try hard nature of ruler with shit written as stupidly as what you see in half of Ebucs writings. 

He would often get high and go on 12 hour lecture rants where people would come in for 5 minutes, realize he was some sort of schizo and then leave and he would lecture to an empty room.

He was also a known dick and essentially used his students as slave labor
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
The global data matrix opens up opportunities for ideological domination without the need for physical combat.

I would suggest that the need for physical combat is perhaps based as much upon the endocrine system as it is upon pure ideology.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@zedvictor4
Physical combat meets a few psychological needs in an easy to access way

1. The need for significance- you are the most significant person in the world to the person you are attacking at that moment

2. Break up of monotony- you really create some chaos with fighting and we all need a bit of chaos

3. Is an emotional release

I am sure there are other psychological needs that are met but significance is probably the most important one and it is easier to gain by physical combat than spending 8 years getting a PHD at Harvard
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
@zedvictor4
@Best.Korea
3RU..."there is absolutely no way in hell that russia is just going to stand by and absorb a "full-scale conventional attack" by anyone
nukes will fly "..
Possibly yes { options 1 }  and,

possibly no { option 2 } > They may just concede their aggression was in error, and attempt to negotiate what they have, or retreat to Russia border with less than they acquired.

Option3 > limited, tactical nuke weapons may occur from the Putin, on his way backing out the door he came in.

Zed..." The global data matrix opens up opportunities for ideological domination without the need for physical combat.
I would suggest that the need for physical combat is perhaps based as much upon the endocrine system as it is upon pure ideology."..
No evidence that any "data matrix opportunities "  a strategy so to say, has been shown to overtake Ukraine, that, will not get NATO/USA involved more in the conventional war that wins againist Russia/Putin.

"endocrine system " was violent ways of Romans gladiator slaves paid to die for entertainment.  A live show of man and against man man dominating less complex animals is top of the line in testosterone entertainment. ' Gets the juices flowing ', so to say.

B-K...." Besides, there are always wars in the middle east.."
Soviet Union { defunct } >
...North Korea { thorny wild card }  >
.....Russia { Narcissistic Putin Power looking for  ' Breakfest of Champions' poster  } > 
.......Iran { don't tread on me Israel { not NATO }  as I have Russian and other friends  } >
...........Pakistan {simmering  like a silent volcano } >
.............India { simmering  like a silent volcano  } >
...............China { polar bear doing balancing act on world on thinning ice }  >
....................Europe/USA { NATO prepared for limited set of world actions  } >

.....................Yemen > Saudi Arabia > ? also wild cards of strategic concern, without nukes or at best access to tactical nukes or black market nukes.  Who knows?

I suppose there are military intelligent people looking at these scenarios all of the time. Looking to see where the spark arises that could set off a chain reaction of Zed's, AI matrix data, and fuel some endocrines in those like the the single twod-three players involved in the USA's  Oklahoma fertilizer bomber.

I dunno

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
@WyIted
Yep.

Hormones.

The need for significance...Sexual dominance...Breaks the monotony...Temporary emotional release.

And so on.

Plus overthink...One might even be tempted to suggest that everything is designed.

So we might be tempted to alter the design...But this is probably an expected design modification.

I dunno 

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Plus overthink...One might even be tempted to suggest that everything is designed.

Perfection can not be improved upon ergo, the less than perfect humans over-think, because, they are not perfect.

Access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego,  allows for some humans to approach this intellectual perfection, even as their surrounding environment integrates-disintegrates, 
flourish-decay,
integrity-lack of integrity,
comes-goes,
too and fro,
integrate-disiintegrate,
live-die, etc.

Occupied space cannot be created nor destroyed, only transformed eternally ergo Universe is the only perpetual motion machine.  Simple?