Kant's Categorical Imperative and body ownership

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 4
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
It took me quite some time to figure out that Categorical Imperative is actually a complicated name for ideal society for all.

Thus, ideal action is an action which is ideal for all, since each person is treated as an end.

For example, not claiming ownership of anyone's body, and acting under such principle, is ideal for all.

We can imagine ideal society where no one violates the body of another, thus where all people are benefited by such principle.

Such principle contains no contradiction and is beneficial for all, thus by Categorical Imperative, such principle is best.

Any opposite principle would yield a contradiction, because if any person can violate another person's body, then such action cannot be practiced by all, since not all have ability to violate other people's bodies. Thus, any opposite principle would be impossible to follow by all.

Therefore, the principle of body rights is morally perfect and even most desirable one to have, since it lets every individual realize his wants under his own borders.
Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
I always interpreted Kant as saying something along the lines of, “If one person is allowed to do it, then everyone is allowed to do it, so you have too imagine a world in which everyone does it”. I think this is a good example of that.
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
-->
@Moozer325
Yeah, I figured its about imagining perfect moral system and perfect world which works for all, not just for some.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Best.Korea
i wonder if people could agree that without identity

if the gaza israel roles were reversed

without changing any of the facts

would anyone think differently about the situation