A simple system for a happier life

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 8
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
So here are some simple points about how to live a happier life.

1. Dont eat too much food, eat just small meals, eat twice a day

Too much food causes you to be less happy. Overeating might feel good while you eat, but overall, eating less feels better.

2. Drink 700 mililiters of water at once

This point is related to previous point. Drinking 700 mililiters of water at once is about 2 or 3 glasses depending on the size of a glass. It makes you feel better, but it also greatly reduces hunger and reduces desire for food.
Usually, person is supposed to drink about 4 liters of water per day, which is about 5 x 700 mililiters. So in a 16 hours, that would be 700 mililiters every 3 or 4 hours.

3. Dont think about past or future too much

Thinking about past means thinking about things which no longer exist, which makes you feel bad since you are either feeling bad about good things which are no longer there, or feeling bad about bad things which were once there.
However, thinking about future, especially distant future, has similar problem. If you think about a good thing you will have after 2 years pass, it makes present feel much worse. But if you think about bad thing which could happen, it again makes present feel worse.
Thus, the only thing thats left is to focus on present and good things in the present, as well as living in the moment.

4. Practice some time of thirst

Not drinking water for 8 to 12 hours can be beneficial as well, since you remove focus from problems and focus on thirst.

5. Void in the mind - No thoughts

There is a saying which goes "you cant have sad thoughts if you dont think". 
Meditation, especially Tao meditation, teaches you to empty your mind of thoughts at least for some time during the day.

6. Thinking about 20 new things at once

As much as having no thoughts is good, thinking about many new things at once can also puts your focus in present and overwhelm your brain to remove focus from troubles.

I think this new list is probably the most simple one to follow.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea
For six years Siddhartha along with five companions practiced austerities and concentration. He drove himself mercilessly, eating only a single grain of rice a day, pitting mind against body.

I'm guessing Trump and Gp have 6 Big Mac's a day.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
I'm guessing Trump and Gp have 6 Big Mac's a day.
Yes. Trump is fat, and Gp complains about food prices all the time.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 172
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
1. Dont eat too much food, eat just small meals, eat twice a day

Too much food causes you to be less happy. Overeating might feel good while you eat, but overall, eating less feels better.
There is only one reason why I do this and it is because I wake up late so I only need lunch & dinner.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Intelligence_06
I only need lunch & dinner
I probably should have made it clear that I usually only eat about 1000 calories a day, but sometimes I eat up to 1500 calories.

So if you eat over 2000 calories in lunch and dinner, it doesnt at all count as "eating less food".
Intelligence_06
Debates: 172
Intelligence_06
-->
@Best.Korea
sometimes I don't even eat food cuz I am too busy playing a stupid goddamn video game
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@Best.Korea
Drinking 700 mililiters of water at once is about 2 or 3 glasses depending on the size of a glass. It makes you feel better, but it also greatly reduces hunger and reduces desire for food.
I just hate it when I accidentally drink 701 milliliters of water and feel bad all day.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@JoeBob
Lol

I just noticed that I feel much better from drinking about 600 to 700 mililiters at once, than I do from drinking the usual 300 or less.

Its not an exact science of course.