Why I'm an atheist

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 21
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Some time later today, the sun will set and the sun will rise tomorrow.  One of 2 things will happen tomorrow:

1. There will be hundreds of iterations of, "The X religion is the one true religion" (X being something like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc.) in changing colors so we know it's not a plane engine.
  2. There will be no hundreds of iterations of that sort in the sky.
I will convert to whatever happens to be the result tomorrow if you agree to do the same in advance.  If situation 2 happens, then atheism is the assumed winner.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@TheUnderdog
God has already revealed himself to the worms (the chosen race). We're just food for them, so he's not going to bother with us.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Savant
Lol.
Best.Korea
Debates: 333
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
I find it very odd that all ancient people were given signs, such as a talking cloud God, and Jesus raising from dead, but modern society gets no sign of any kind. Like, not even one miracle.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
Ancient societies would have considered a lunar eclipse a sign; we just know what it is in advance.

I find it very odd that all ancient people were given signs, such as a talking cloud God, and Jesus raising from dead
Imagine you had no idea what science was and you were living thousands of years ago.  It's cold.  You pray to a God that it warms up.  Spring time comes around and it warms up.  You are going to be very religious in that situation.

As science has expanded, the influence of religion has decreased.  There is a reason most American scientists are atheists despite most Americans not being atheists.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@TheUnderdog
I will convert to whatever happens to be the result tomorrow.

In my pub there is a sign that says, ' Free beer tomorrow'. 

Tomorrow never comes , Underdog.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Stephen
That sign is never going to be hundreds of iterations in the sky visible for all of mankind, so it's obvious that the maker of the sign isn't god.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@TheUnderdog
Some time later today, the sun will set and the sun will rise tomorrow.  One of 2 things will happen tomorrow:

1. There will be hundreds of iterations of, "The X religion is the one true religion" (X being something like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc.) in changing colors so we know it's not a plane engine.
  2. There will be no hundreds of iterations of that sort in the sky.
I will convert to whatever happens to be the result tomorrow if you agree to do the same in advance.  If situation 2 happens, then atheism is the assumed winner.
You assert that religion is not a plane engine, but the Burden of Proof is on you, what evidence do you have that it isn't a plane engine?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Sidewalker
You assert that religion is not a plane engine, but the Burden of Proof is on you, what evidence do you have that it isn't a plane engine?
Proof by contradiction.  Lets say it was a plane engine.  it would give off smoke that wouldn't last for days and would quickly assimilate into the atmosphere.  It also would be drawn out very slowly as opposed to instantaneous.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
How come no Christain can genuinely respond to this?  Maybe I've solved the religious debate.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@TheUnderdog
How come no Christain can genuinely respond to this?  Maybe I've solved the religious debate.
Yep, I think you nailed it, the age-old debate as to whether religion is a plane engine has finally been resolved. 

Good job. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Sidewalker
Yep, I think you nailed it, the age-old debate as to whether religion is a plane engine has finally been resolved. 
I didn't say religion was a plane engine.  I'm saying a plane engine can make messages in the sky from the exhaust, but that shouldn't count as a sign from god.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@TheUnderdog
I didn't say religion was a plane engine.  I'm saying a plane engine can make messages in the sky from the exhaust, but that shouldn't count as a sign from god.
How about the Goodyear blimp in the sky, is that a sign from God?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
What's the difference between a blimp and 365 blow jobs?
One is a Goodyear and the other is a really really good year.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Sidewalker
How about the Goodyear blimp in the sky, is that a sign from God?
Because we know the makers of Goodyear are human beings.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
Usually, people are atheist because they don’t believe in any gods.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@TheUnderdog
Hey dogg.
You know that i to like to live life dangerously.
Im in. 

I'll except writings in the sky
I will also accept. 
Giant face in the sky. 
Anddddd
If God talks to me.
If God appears to me.. 
Maybe even something like a ghost. 

Andddddddd. 
I'll fucking LET IT RIDE . 
For a whole week. 
No fuck it.
A month. 
Orrrrrr
For life maybe. 
Not the ghost thing. Butttttt. 

The Writing in the sky is a little  bit more soft.
The big face in the sky however issss, the REAL DEAL. 

YA cant combat a big face in the sky. 
I mean
Nothing says god is real more then a big face in sky .
To me. 
For me. 

Hey drones and air writing. ?

I sometimes wonder maybe one is to join a religious thennnnnn,
Beliving in a god thing soon follows. 

Imagine if you started beliving in a god ,  youd have to then join a religious group. 
( what a fucked up sentence that is. ) 

Find the link between. 
Beliving in a god thing 
And joining a religious group. 

Everyone that believes in god says or is in a religious group. 
Within reason . ( everybody ) 

A lot more people should believe in a god like thing and not be in a religious group. 
You'd have to think

Beliving in god seems easier then joining a religious group. 
Again , To me.

Imagine doing both in like a week. 
Thats gotta be some wild mo fuck week. 

Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I'll except writings in the sky
The people who invented skywriting could have started a religion.

85 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@Best.Korea
I find it very odd that all ancient people were given signs, such as a talking cloud God, and Jesus raising from dead, but modern society gets no sign of any kind. Like, not even one miracle.

Paul predicted the gifts of the Holy Spirit would ceased
The gifts of prophecy, tongues, and knowledge will all pass away. By this, Paul means that eventually these gifts will not be needed.

1 Corinthians 13:8
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Best.Korea
Debates: 333
Best.Korea
-->
@Shila
Oh, so no miracle for me. Thats not fair. Its not fair that they get but I dont.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Best.Korea
Oh, so no miracle for me. Thats not fair. Its not fair that they get but I dont.

Paul predicted the gifts of the Holy Spirit would cease for everyone. It will no longer be necessary once knowledge is gained.

The gifts of prophecy, tongues, and knowledge will all pass away. By this, Paul means that eventually these gifts will not be needed.

1 Corinthians 13:8
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.