Free infinite food - rabbits

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 29
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
Now, most of the people will say: "there is no free meal".

But in North Korea, people realized that one can have infinite food at home.

The process is really simple.

Buy 4 rabbits, 3 female and 1 male.

Per year, one female gives birth to about 50 rabbits.

So 3 female rabbits would give you 150 rabbits per year, which is lots of free food.

Rabbits eat grass and hay, which grows for free everywhere.

So yeah, its really easy work and  free food forever.
baggins
Debates: 8
baggins
World.
Hunger.
Solved.

Checkmate 
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
Do you know how annoying it is to butcher an animal? Do you know that the work to meat ratio goes up the smaller the animal is? Did you know that the smaller the animal the smaller the predator that can take it down meaning the harder it is to protect them from predators?

Tons of animals eat grass, it's not "free everywhere" people own land and they do not tolerate pasturing random stranger's livestock. The only kind of person who could think grass is free is a suburban simpleton who probably hasn't yet internalized that his parents actually had to work to get that house and that pathetic lawn that serves only to create a weekly chore.

Grass-fed meat is free like solar energy and maize is free.

This OP is a sign sealed confession of being one of those doomed urban ignoramuses that ask why you need to farm when you can get food from the supermarket.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
it's not "free everywhere" 
Well, I guess maybe where you live, its not, which means you dont live near a forest or any grass land, and dont own any grass land. This specifically means that you live in an area where only source of grass is other people's lawns, without any forest or nature near you. Interesting.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
No, it means forests and grasslands are imaginary things to you because if you had ever lived near them you would know there are no forests or grasslands which are not claimed by somebody.

You let rabbits out into a forest (or fields) you don't own and somebody is going to kill them all. Either a human trying to protect his field or the many predators in every forest... and even if some survive how are you ever going to get them back to eat them? You start killing random rabbits on other people's land or public parks they will call that poaching, you saying "but I released these rabbits great grandma" isn't going to keep you out of jail.

You try to kill all the predators the forest rangers, or worse the forest owner, is going to have words with you. You try to build a hutch or a fence on land you don't own and there will be problems.

Now you can buy yourself a lot of land in some remote region so that you do own enough land for a bunch of rabbits to eat but I GUARANTEE you that under those circumstances there are much more productive ways to get nutrients.

If North Koreans are raising rabbits instead of pigs, cows, and chickens it's probably because communist thugs will steel the cattle whereas rabbits aren't worth the trouble.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
 if you had ever lived near them you would know there are no forests or grasslands which are not claimed by somebody
lol I guess you dont know what is a national forest. Like really, there are people from all corners of the world foraging in forests they dont own, and yet you are somehow clueless about it. Yeah, you are obviously not near forests or ever even been in a forest in your life.

You let rabbits out into a forest (or fields) you don't own and somebody is going to kill them all.
lol okay, I didnt think I would have to explain this, but I guess I have to.

You dont release rabbits into a forest lmao

Like, thats probably the dumbest thought I ever heard of, and your brain somehow assumed the dumbest possible option as a response to me.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
If North Koreans are raising rabbits instead of pigs, cows, and chickens it's probably because communist thugs will steel the cattle whereas rabbits aren't worth the trouble
Actually, the rabbits produce 6 times more meat than cows, but its not something someone who lives in a city would be familiar with.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
 if you had ever lived near them you would know there are no forests or grasslands which are not claimed by somebody
lol I guess you dont know what is a national forest.
Good luck with your free range rabbit colony in a national forest.

You dont release rabbits into a forest lmao

Like, thats probably the dumbest thought I ever heard of, and your brain somehow assumed the dumbest possible option as a response to me.
Of course you have the plants setup remote power via subspace vibrations DUH!

Actually, the rabbits produce 6 times more meat than cows, but its not something someone who lives in a city would be familiar with.

Wikipedia disagrees.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You take the grass from a forest and bring it to rabbits. Like, I cant see how could you possibly not figure it out lol

Wikipedia disagrees
As I said, you are clueless about farm animals, or about multiplying. Thats why you have to use wikipedia as your source.

However, what wikipedia forgot to tell you is that cow gives birth to 1 other cow per year. Sheep gives birth to 1 to 3 sheep per year.

1 rabbit gives birth to up to 50 rabbits per year.

Thats about 20 to 50 times higher multiplying rate than animals you mention.

So yeah, when it comes to multiplying meat, I am afraid that rabbits win by far. Not that you would know what is a multiplying rate in animals.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
You take the grass from a forest and bring it to rabbits. Like, I cant see how could you possibly not figure it out lol
Now you're grazing for the livestock... by hand....

1 rabbit gives birth to up to 50 rabbits per year.
and you're going to feed them all by marching around national forests with a scythe, genius! Then you'll spend four hours a day butchering enough rabbits to live on. It will work out fine.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Yep. Thats how farming usually works, not that you would know, of course.

Or if you have a land, just fence it and let rabbits eat from it while providing some of the grass yourself.

But maybe you want free food for no work. In that case, stick to planting raspberries and hazelnut trees.

Then you'll spend four hours a day butchering enough rabbits to live on.
Four hours? Like really, how many rabbits do you even plan to eat a day? 30?

Lol

Well, if you hate killing rabbits, then get goose. They eat grass like rabbits, but they give eggs so no need to kill anything in the process. You just have to keep them in cage.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
Yep. Thats how farming usually works
rofl

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
rofl
Yeah, how would you gather grass for 4 rabbits? By a machine?

Now thats rofl

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
rofl
Yeah, how would you gather grass for 4 rabbits? By a machine?
Yes, before machines the only time humans fed livestock as opposed to them grazing a pasture was when they were fed waste material (like the wheat stalks after threshing or scraps to pigs).

It's not worth it. You might be able to survive, but most of your life will be taken up in keeping yourself alive.

"4 rabbits"

A rabbit is 583 calories, you need to eat four rabbits a day to avoid starvation. That means you need 1,460 rabbits per year. It takes 10 weeks (70 days) for a rabbit to grow to slaughter size.

If you could perfectly time births (which you cant') that would mean on any given day you would need the rabbits for the next 70 days alive in your hutch.

That's 280 rabbits at any given time.

What's this? You don't need to eat only rabbit meat?

Oh I know, that's the point. If you planted potatoes, corn, beans, and other vegetables and used small farming equipment (mini tractor mounted) you could use a tiny fraction of the land and time to feed yourself. You might even choose to produce a bit more so you could convert some of it to meat, but I would still not recommend rabbits because it still takes way too long to butcher them compared to the amount of meat you get.

That's why people farm the way they do. There are no infinite glitches. Time and labor IS money and if rabbit farming saved time and labor there would be rabbit meat in the supermarkets instead of eggs, chicken, beef, pork, and fish.

Chicken eggs are the #1 way to convert random bits of plants and pest insects into useful edible protein. Unlike rabbit meat you can make custard with eggs. Only a fool would choose rabbits over chickens.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Yes
lol, so you would pay thousands of dollars for a machine, when you can gather grass for 4 rabbits by hand in 10 minutes?

Yeah, I guess 10 minutes of work a day is too much. Better pay thousands of dollars to avoid that.

before machines the only time humans fed livestock
No, thats just your imagination.

People mowed grass, gave it to animals or made hay from it and fed it to animals.

Thats what people do when pasture isnt available or when they have limited pasture and want to make the most of it.

A rabbit is 583 calories, you need to eat four rabbits a day to avoid starvation
4 rabbits a day? So you eat over 2000 calories a day? Well, I guess now we know that you are overweight.

It takes 10 weeks (70 days) for a rabbit to grow to slaughter size.
Yeah, its a miracle, although people tend to eat them even sooner, but I guess this is one of those cases where google is your enemy. Every animal has best "slaughter size" and time to reach it. It doesnt mean its mandatory to slaughter them at that time lol

If you could perfectly time births (which you cant') that would mean on any given day you would need the rabbits for the next 70 days alive in your hutch.
I dont see what confuses you there. Maybe you think its one rabbit every 70 days? Or you think that 70 days waiting is mandatory to have infinite food after that? Well, neither is true.

That's 280 rabbits at any given time
No, you dont need to wait 70 days to kill a rabbit, even tho google might have told you that.

Rabbit produces 5 rabbits every 30 to 60 days. So 10 female rabbits would give you 50 rabbits in a month or two.
Now, if you want to be overweight, I guess you can have 5 rabbits a day by having 40 female rabbits which will produce 200 rabbits in a month or two, so thats about 5 rabbits per day for you.

But no, I dont see why would you have 280 rabbits all the time, as rabbits dont give birth once a year but many times a year. So by the time you would eat 280 rabbits, you would already have another 400 which would be too much.

As for chickens being number 1, or cows being better than rabbit, you of course wouldnt know that cow eats much more than a rabbit does, and only gives birth once a year which means you wouldnt have fresh meat all the time like you do with rabbits.

As for chickens, egg is 100 calories at best, so you would need 20 eggs per day which is 40 chickens.

Having 40 rabbits is easier than having 40 chickens, since chickens raised on pasture dont give as many eggs as those fed by chicken feed, and chicken feed isnt exactly free. Plus, chickens in winter dont even produce eggs or produce just few.

And chickens for meat arent really that great, since if you want them for meat, you cant take all the eggs, and you also must wait a lot because not only does chicken lay on eggs for a long time, but baby chicks need time to grow as well.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
But no, I dont see why would you have 280 rabbits all the time
Logic isn't your strong suite, you should be on redit; not a debate site.

Having 40 rabbits is easier than having 40 chickens
Doesn't matter since 40 rabbits doesn't produce the same amount of food.

and chicken feed isnt exactly free.
lol, go pick grass and bugs from them from the forest rofl
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Logic isn't your strong suite, you should be on redit; not a debate site
I guess you dont have a counter argument.

Doesn't matter since 40 rabbits doesn't produce the same amount of food
Yeah, it produces more.

40 rabbits = 200 rabbits in a month

40 chickens = 600 eggs a month at best

Now, 1 rabbit is much more nutritious than 1 egg.

lol, go pick grass and bugs from them from the forest rofl
If you are done embarrasing yourself, I suggest we move along.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Doesn't matter since 40 rabbits doesn't produce the same amount of food
Yeah, it produces more.

40 rabbits = 200 rabbits in a month
You really are getting a good laugh out of me.

If you have 40 rabbits and you add 200 how many rabbits do you have?

Logic isn't your strong suite, you should be on redit; not a debate site
I guess you dont have a counter argument.
Add that to the list of blindingly obvious things you missed.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
When you think of an actual argument, let me know.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
lol I guess you dont know what is a national forest. Like really, there are people from all corners of the world foraging in forests they dont own, and yet you are somehow clueless about it. Yeah, you are obviously not near forests or ever even been in a forest in your life.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
if you run the numbers, the hundreds of rabbits you would need to raise and slaughter to equal 1 cow (about 300) is a shit ton of labor. Plus, rabbits tend to kill each other if you herd them in too closely like you can with chickens. This requires lots of hutch space. Cows are pretty cool with being close together.

Rabbits are great for providing small scale amounts of food as you don't have to worry about freezing a ton of meat for long periods. For large urban centers, it's sub-optimal production on a large scale. It might be a different story if genetic engineering creates a farm friendly rabbit like it did  with today's cow. The rule of thumb is that if it can thrive in the wild, then it's probably not an efficient farm livestock.

There's 770,000 cattle farms in the USA and about 5000 rabbit farms.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
if you run the numbers, the hundreds of rabbits you would need to raise and slaughter to equal 1 cow (about 300) is a shit ton of labor.
Yes, but cow isnt practical if you are on your own.

Cow requires bull and lots of food.

Besides, as a meat source, cow doesnt work for 1 person. 

If you slaughter a cow, most of the meat will spoil before you get to eat it, and cow only gives birth once a year.

It would take serious labor to have 10 cows, and lots of land. One cow can eat up to an acre, so 10 cows would mean 10 acres.

Its not nearly as simple as it is with rabbits.

If rabbit kills a rabbit, then you dont need to slaughter.

As for chickens, chickens cant survive on grass. You pretty much have to have lots of corn for them, otherwise they wont lay as much eggs.

They dont have valid food source that is free, unless you let them be free range, but that causes lots of problems since chickens can be attacked by many land predators but also by air predators.

But if you raise them for meat, then you have no eggs from them, but thats really not practical on a small scale as one chicken does not breed as fast as rabbits do.

Modern production makes use of incubators, because natural way is too inferior.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
rabbits are fine for 1 person.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Wouldn't Jesus have been for Free infinite food?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
 rabbit

Loveliest meat on the planet imo. Not an ounce of fat on it.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
Wouldn't Jesus have been for Free infinite food?
Why were we "created" to need food in the first palace? Bad design, FLRW?

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Stephen

Yes, poor design.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
@FLRW
Humans were "designed" so they depend on many things: food, water, air, sunlight...ect.

However, humans produced robots that work on sunlight alone(on solar panels). 

So you could say humans will probably design beings far superior than humans, both in terms of food requirement, intelligence...ect.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Didn't God go to God prison for designing people with assholes instead of solar power supplies?