9/11 for you.

Author: Mall

Total: 24
Mall
Debates: 375
Mall
How would you attempt to survive or how do you think you would survive the fall of the towers?

Is your mindset, women and children first or self first or defeatist mentality?

Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
Tao tells us to retreat when attacked.
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
So yeah, just run away.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Mall
Defeatism is pointless, one can accept that there is no hope and still choose the best strategy and execute it.

The best strategy is to go down the stairs as fast as possible, if you encounter fire try to push through. Use water soaked fabric if you can.

However this is the strategy that is known with hindsight. It could not be reasonably predicted that the towers would fall as there are fire suppressant systems and it takes a very intense heat to destroy concrete and weaken steel.

If there was smoke building up through the exits I would go to the roof and wait for the fire to be controlled. I would have died in that circumstance.

I don't know what you're talking about "women and children" for, it wasn't a daycare and stairways are designed for escape and can evacuate the building just as fast as people can get to them. You would not expect to have to sacrifice anyone and in reality the stairs were not choked with people.

The pattern was very simple: When there was an open stairway people lived, when there wasn't they died. Without a parachute or rapid helicopter rescue there was no hope.
Mall
Mall
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Maybe you want to know what I mean.

When I say women and children, I mean the nature of saving others first.
 That's why I said " women and children first or self first ".
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Mall
In the rare instance where there is a clear and unavoidable dichotomy I would prefer the survival of the younger and those who support them.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Mall
That's why I said " women and children first or self first ".
It's an office building, not the Titanic liner. 

I've never been in a fire, but I was once in the 9th floor during an earthquake in Chile. The first thing I did was to get the fuck out of the building through the emergency stairs.

I was terrified, maybe because I wasn't used to it. I remember that an asian coworker got petrified up against the wall. She was crying. I think that scene made me get out of the building. I thought it was the end of the world. Lol.

I think in a fire it's more difficult to get out because the smoke can leave you without air to breath. But I would try to escape anyway, better die trying to survive than give up. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@IlDiavolo
That's why I said it.
Mall
Mall
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
How charitable. 
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
The proper response to 9/11 would have been to declare a cease fire with Al Qaida and the Taliban.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@cristo71
The proper response to 9/11 would have been to declare a cease fire with Al Qaida and the Taliban.
Try to talk it out.

They would say they want the great satan to fall into the pit of hell ASAP, our leaders would ask for a golden parachute clause which they would of course deny.

20 days later

WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
All I can say is 911 operators are stupid. I heard them telling people not to jump as they were burning alive. 

Excuse me bitch, that is not your call to make.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@WyIted
One of the jumpers did end up killing a firefighter.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@cristo71
All I can say is thank God it happened in 2001. Literally every blamed only Osama and his group and liberals on TV were bad enough at that time appealing to people who were never bigoted towards Muslims to not be bigoted. 

Anyway, fortunately the left and the right knew we needed blood and did what they needed. 

If it happened today, the left would be protesting on colleges campuses to stop killing ISIS members because they use civilians as shields so they should get a free pass. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
That is a fair point. I guess there is more nuance than I was aware of 
WyIted
WyIted
It slipped  my mind that falling 100 stories could potentially hurt somebody on the ground. One of the disadvantages of speaking from an ivory tower

37 days later

FLRW
FLRW

If I worked in a very tall building like that I would always have a parachute stored under my desk.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Sort of, an after the event precaution.

I personally, do not like cities, and have never been in a skyscraper.

Though I did some parachuting when I was younger.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@Mall
Don't go to work that day.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
If I worked in a very tall building like that I would always have a parachute stored under my desk.

A fire proof parachute is best. One that can be worn all the time while as very flat light weight thing over shirt/blouse an expands on voice command { screaming for ones life }. I dunno
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

Yes, The Mini Softie is an extremely small, lightweight and comfortable backpack parachute system designed for use in today's restricted cockpit environments.
$3,595.00

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Sidewalker
Don't go to work that day.

Royal Pope Trumpet has spoken.  No need for Republicans to vote, the King has plan to stop the election results, unless they show Trumpet - Vance  have won. 

All go in the blessed dark light of false narrative aka Trumpet - Vance. Speak truth, unless it does not benifits King Trumpet. 

MAWA > Make America Dumber Again { MADA }
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

Aren't Trump and Vance, Dumb and Dumber?

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
This is 9/11 thread topic. Sorry