Easy farming - Tao farming

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 4
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
Most people think that farming is difficult.

And thats because most people do too much work where not much work is needed to begin with.

My favorite plants are carrots, peas, raspberries, and many trees which produce fruit.

Why do I like carrots?

Because I know that if you plant them early in a year, in early spring or even by the end of winter, they grow really big by fall. You dont even need to do weeding if you plant early, because plant has enough time to grow. You also dont need to worry about pests, as there are no pests during winter and early spring. By the time pests appear, your plants will already be big enough.

Peas I like because they have good price on the market. They also dont require any weeding, and you can plant them in early spring and during winter.

They dont even require tilling the soil. I planted some simply by digging a line in ground, placing seeds and covering it. They seem to grow just fine no matter if you till the soil or just plant them in hole in grass without any tilling.

Of course, when planting seeds, one must only cover them with loose soil, and only cover them so they cant be seen. Dont put too much soil on seeds or they wont grow. Just enough soil so they cant be seen.

Now, my chickens seem to be producing plenty of eggs while I reduced the food cost a lot. I feed chickens with slugs and earthworms, grass, grass seeds, and some corn, wheat and chicken feed. I use a variety of foods to feed chickens.

I guess the only important thing with chickens is to make sure they get enough protein.

Usually, 15 grams of protein per chicken is fine.

Now, I find it quite interesting that most of things on my farm grow on their own. Raspberries grow without any care. Trees grow without any care, and not just the trees I planted, but also willow trees which sometimes produce edible seeds. Then grass seeds which can be used to feed chickens, grass seeds grow simply by not mowing grass and letting it go to seed.

Of course, I often leave some corn and peas in the field without harvesting them. I think you are supposed to leave some food in the field to feed nature.

I also never mow most of the grass. When you dont mow grass, you protect your vegetable garden. Insects wont attack your plants as much if they have grass to feed on.

I find regularly mowing grass to be the most useless of garden activities.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

“The danger of the past was that men became slaves. The danger of the future is that men may become robots.”
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@FLRW
“The danger of the past was that men became slaves. The danger of the future is that men may become robots.”

This word came to English via the German, though the word ultimately derives from the Czech robota meaning ‘forced labour’ or ‘slavery’.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
I always buy potatoes with of eyes in them.....  so they see me through the week.