Ferro-cement Art Home

Author: ebuc

Total: 4
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
I built a 20' ferro-cement dome on the extreme inexpensive end. This is the opposite of my low cost dome.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

Wow !
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
Holy Cow, with stained glass in those  holes. :--))
ebuc
ebuc
..." ement manufacturing is a complex process that begins with mining and then grinding raw materials that include limestone and clay, to a fine powder, called raw meal, which is then heated to a sintering temperature as high as 1450 °C in a cement kiln. In this process, the chemical bonds of the raw materials are broken down and then they are recombined into new compounds. The result is called clinker, which are rounded nodules between 1mm and 25mm across. The clinker is ground to a fine powder in a cement mill and mixed with gypsum to create cement. The powdered cement is then mixed with water and aggregates to form concrete that is used in construction. "

So high energy costs to make cement, and then carbon foot print globally is so high from so much cement / concrete being used.

I was watching History doc and the Roman cathedral still standing som 1,500 years later, used volcanic ash in their cement and gets harder over time.

Our fly ash concrete usually degrades after 50 years or so

..." where St. Peter's Basilica stands today in Vatican City.........Construction began by orders of the Roman Emperor Constantine I between 318 and 322, after his conversion to Christianity[3] and took about 40 years to complete. Over the next twelve centuries, the church gradually gained importance, eventually becoming a major place of pilgrimage in Rome. "...