Dymaxion-like Extreme RV

Author: ebuc

Total: 7
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
In my search for design drawing for Bucky Fullers travel trailer, in the 1960's book Dymaxion World of Buckminister Fuller,   I came across this RV travel trailer design. High end luxury { and price } low end Dymaxion-like weight { incredible }. Passing this on for interesting design I'd not seen before, and certainly Dymaxion-like.

I clicked on the terra-firma model. Interesting to me

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
I don't know man, that vented AC unit that runs on batteries is a deal breaker at that price. I live in Florida, its hot, I need that AC to run on shore power 24/7. I do understand why it has vented AC though. A normal AC would muck up the lines and curves on the outside.  I've owned an RV and a travel trailer. Both have their advantages and huge disadvantages. My advice to anyone thinking of buying a RV or travel trailer is buy a used one still under warranty and sell it the first time it needs a moderate repair. Once they need a moderate or major repair its all down hill from there. Total money pit.  I went back to tent camping and load all my gear into a 5x8 trailer. I use a wall AC unit in my tent. I'm a seasoned "glamper"
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
I bet you look gorgeous in shorts and flip flops.

7 days later

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

Well, I know I do. I bet Stormy would say that too.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
I also bet she wouldn't refer to you as "tiny".
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

Tru-dat !!!!!
ebuc
ebuc
Here is Norman Foster recreation of the Dymaxion car, using two of Fullers three car plans for the three he built.