Invincible Endgame

Author: Lunatic

Total: 86
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
1st place town: Austin, joebob, Barney, Whiteflame, greyparrot, best.Korea, savant

2nd place mafia: pie, supa

Overall it wasn’t the game I expected. Despite towns win I don’t find the play from most of the town members phenomenal. I can understand pies frustration, joebob, BK and GPs analysis was overall lacking and bandwagoning, or based on gut. The upvote thing also felt pretty dirty. The rest of town played well however and I think mafia probably would have done much better if they hadn’t been CCed. I didn’t see supa being widely scum read. His character analysis was pretty spot on. Him being countered was due to them jumping the gun a bit, and they did have an inkling that Barney was Damien but they decided to YOLO it and it was just unlucky. Would have been interesting to see how this played out with supa claiming maybe Cecil instead.

Anyways mafia weren’t given fake claims and it definitely bit them a bit here. I did tell them one of the main characters was left out, they gambled it being Mark and we’re correct. I also hinted that there was either an every night doctor or cop in the game, but was up to them to figure out which. I think supa would have had a hard time being lynched with a Cecil stedman cop claim but he was really hoping for Damien. Balance wise I think mafia had a counter to everything town had. I didn’t expect GP to be dismissed so easily as town for his role, the role was actually initially third party when I designed the game.

Pie and supa did really well despite the circumstances.

GGs all.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Black listing GP and Korea from any of my games. I also will not play if either of them play. Shit town
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
Damn, I thought pie was town.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Alright then. You honestly did give a good defense, but even if we'd done the back-and-forth for several pages, I doubt you could have dissuaded me by that point, especially given that we had another DP if needed.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Honestly, very ballsy fake claims on both Mark and Damien. The latter didn't work out, but I feel you, Vader. That was rough. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
The upvote thing also felt pretty dirty. 
Agreed. I honestly ignored it, but it's pretty messed up.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Alright then. You honestly did give a good defense, but even if we'd done the back-and-forth for several pages, I doubt you could have dissuaded me by that point, especially given that we had another DP if needed.
There was nothing I could say or do to change the minds of 2 townies because they’re shit. Zero reasoning capability. Blind trust. And then you had outsiders upvoting comments. Who tf isn’t supposed to notice and believe that
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
First of all, just for funsies (I have a really good memory, knew I'd seen it somewhere):

I was upvoting some of your posts where you were on track and hoping you would push it harder lol. It was frustrating to watch at times. But you did well over all and had pretty good reads after dp1. - Lunatic, 2020

I was wondering where all those upvotes were coming from lmaooo - Pie, 2020

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
There was nothing I could say or do to change the minds of 2 townies because they’re shit. Zero reasoning capability. Blind trust. And then you had outsiders upvoting comments. Who tf isn’t supposed to notice and believe that
You won't get disagreement from me on these fronts. I understand your frustration.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I did tell them one of the main characters was left out, they gambled it being Mark and we’re correct.
Mark and Commuter was objectively an extremely suspicious claim, both in terms of the character and the role/justification. I know it seems like I had little reason to push that, but I legitimately would have sussed Pie nearly as much if he claimed some other character.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
First of all, just for funsies (I have a really good memory, knew I'd seen it somewhere):

I was upvoting some of your posts where you were on track and hoping you would push it harder lol. It was frustrating to watch at times. But you did well over all and had pretty good reads after dp1. - Lunatic, 2020

I was wondering where all those upvotes were coming from lmaooo - Pie, 2020

Lol hope you enjoyed cheating
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Best.Korea
Damn, I thought pie was town.
lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Mark and Commuter was objectively an extremely suspicious claim, both in terms of the character and the role/justification. I know it seems like I had little reason to push that, but I legitimately would have sussed Pie nearly as much if he claimed some other character.
That’s bullshit and you know it. It fits perfectly. Cannot be killed at night. What else do you make him 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Probably you don't claim Mark, first of all. And if you claim the protag, then surely there's a better role than x1 Commuter. Literally every single role in this game was either flavored (Doc), custom (Probe), or exotic (Bleeder, Mason Recruiter). x1 Commuter is arguably negative utility and doesn't fit with the char.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I'm guessing you don't want that pm, lol. It's all good, just a a game.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Lol hope you enjoyed cheating
The only post I upvoted was Greyparrot's, as well as your post complaining about upvotes. I suppose if you feel you would have won the game otherwise for my upvotes, then I apologize.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Greyparrot
Great play except for sending out 5 Kates, idk ab that one
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@AustinL0926
Great play except for sending out 5 Kates, idk ab that one

Calculated risk. It paid off pretty well.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Honestly a little sad you didn't get to use the Mason Recruiter. Would've been fun to be recruited. Also, out of curiosity, who were you planning to pick that first NP?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Probably you don't claim Mark, first of all. And if you claim the protag, then surely there's a better role than x1 Commuter. Literally every single role in this game was either flavored (Doc), custom (Probe), or exotic (Bleeder, Mason Recruiter). x1 Commuter is arguably negative utility and doesn't fit with the char.
Lol what role would you give Mark Grayson that’s balanced and fits? As for flavor and exotic, that’s a garbage argument. Commuter is not negative utility and it literally fits the characters unless you want to make Mark Deathproof or something
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm guessing you don't want that pm, lol. It's all good, just a a game.
Just fuck off dude
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
JoeBob. It's why I wanted to make sure BK kept JB from dying.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
Makes sense. Smart choice.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Again, I wouldn't have claimed Mark. But if I did, I would have made up some overpowered but somewhat plausible role like Greyparrot's, not the second-most generic self-protective role there is.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Again, I wouldn't have claimed Mark. But if I did, I would have made up some overpowered but somewhat plausible role like Greyparrot's, not the second-most generic self-protective role there is.
Want to list out roles you would’ve claimed as Mark Grayson? I’ll wait
JoeBob
JoeBob
gg 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Sure. Like I said... I wouldn't have claimed Mark. But anyway... (disclaimer, this is based off a brief read of Mark's wiki article, so justifications won't make much sense)

Idea 1: Modified Deathproof

-If lynched, then survive, but having two or more people visit you the next NP will kill you.
-If NKed, then survive, but your hammer threshold will be at L - 2 the next DP.

Idea 2: Modified Joat

-Invulnerability: x1 activated bulletproof + lynchproof for next DP
-Flight: Cannot be roleblocked, watch 2 players
-Strength: Target a player, their actions cannot be roleblocked or redirected and will roleblock scum if they are targeted by that player

Idea 3: Conditionally strong role (since mark protects his friends and all that)

-Once per game, target a player to protect. They cannot be killed for as long as you are alive. However, if you are killed, then they will die too.

---

Like, it's not that hard to make up a creative role in a rolemad game for the literal protag of the show.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Sure. Like I said... I wouldn't have claimed Mark. But anyway... (disclaimer, this is based off a brief read of Mark's wiki article, so justifications won't make much sense)

Idea 1: Modified Deathproof

-If lynched, then survive, but having two or more people visit you the next NP will kill you.
-If NKed, then survive, but your hammer threshold will be at L - 2 the next DP.

Idea 2: Modified Joat

-Invulnerability: x1 activated bulletproof + lynchproof for next DP
-Flight: Cannot be roleblocked, watch 2 players
-Strength: Target a player, their actions cannot be roleblocked or redirected and will roleblock scum if they are targeted by that player

Idea 3: Conditionally strong role (since mark protects his friends and all that)

-Once per game, target a player to protect. They cannot be killed for as long as you are alive. However, if you are killed, then they will die too. 

--- 

Like, it's not that hard to make up a creative role in a rolemad game for the literal protag of the show.
You realize I was the first person to claim right?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
Yes, I wonder who led that train out of totally legitimate behavioral reasons. But in all seriousness, Greyparrot claimed first, and his role was wacky enough that it was obvious the roles in this game weren't going to be particularly normal.

Also, I just want to take a moment to say that none of this is personal in any way. I genuinely enjoy playing with you and hope you will reconsider your decision to not play with GP and BK, as annoying as they can sometimes be.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Yes, I wonder who led that train out of totally legitimate behavioral reasons. But in all seriousness, Greyparrot claimed first, and his role was wacky enough that it was obvious the roles in this game weren't going to be particularly normal.
It was just to ensure he’d be active and couldn’t skate by. I would’ve done that as scum or town rather than sitting there and doing nothing. Also, vanilla is an unmodified role that was out there. So was innocent child. 

Also, I just want to take a moment to say that none of this is personal in any way. I genuinely enjoy playing with you and hope you will reconsider your decision to not play with GP and BK, as annoying as they can sometimes be.
Not reconsidering it. I’m not playing with garbage players who don’t give a fuck about the game. You put GP and BK in the Mafia Championships. They’d be chewed alive