Why does the Israel genocide get all of the attention?

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 5
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
There are all sorts of genocides I've heard (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genocides). Why is it just the Israel genocide that gets the most attention?

I don't want to claim it's anti semetism, but I don't know what else it would be.
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@TheUnderdog
idk
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@TheUnderdog
Well, Israel is a major US ally and is being actively funded by America, which has the most powerful military in the world and a huge influence on geopolitics. Add to that the events on October 7th getting a ton of media attention (which was the entire point of them in the first place), and years of bitter attitudes toward the Israel-Palestine conflict all leading up to this. Given the significance of the US and the Middle East on the international stage, it's not shocking that they're getting so much attention. If China starts bombing Taiwan, you'll see a similar reaction, but if Sudan invades Chad, no one's going to care.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Savant
 If China starts bombing Taiwan, you'll see a similar reaction, but if Sudan invades Chad, no one's going to care.
That's fair, but I don't like militarily helping any non NATO country.
JoeBob
Debates: 2
JoeBob
-->
@TheUnderdog
Cuz it’s like middle or high school. The more popular countries get more attention. Pretty self explanatory.